In Portland, Schroeder Law Offices, PC, is located in Portland's Hollywood district, convenient to down town, PDX, residences, shops and dining.
In Reno, Schroeder Law Offices, PC, is close to downtown Reno, a walk to shopping, dining, recreation and entertainment.
J.D. or Bachelor Degree-Paralegal for Reno, NV Office
Schroeder Law Offices, PC, seeks a part-time J.D. or Bachelor’s degree paralegal in its Reno, Nevada Office. This fast-paced position is perfect for a person interested in working with agricultural producers and small rural municipal water purveyors in a flexible, supportive family environment. The successful candidate is highly organized, detail oriented, can comfortably manage a variety of transactional water rights matters and assist with litigation. Competitive salary and benefits are offered starting in September.
Applicants must have
- legal education either as a law school graduate or in comparable undergraduate studies with a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or better
- connections to food and fiber industries
- background/education/experience in property, real estate, land use, agriculture, municipal and/or water law
- strong work ethic
- comfort working in close, family-type, team environment
- "learning by doing" with minimum supervision
- adaptability to variety of environments "on the road"
- willingness to “pitch in” as needed
Applicant is master at
- working in an all-digital environment
- communication, networking and relationship building
Hiring Preference for experience in
- appellate level research and writing
- state or federal court litigation (drafting discovery requests/motions)
- administrative proceedings and appeals
Schroeder Law Offices PC is a paperless office using Practice Master-Practice Management Software and Worldox document management software.
Email cover letter and resume to Ms. Daryl Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
References will be required and should be included in application.